Hello everyone! I haven’t done a book tag in awhile so I thought I would try out the Unpopular Opinions Book Tag today 🙂 This tag was created by TheBookArcher and I will be linking her tag video down below. Let’s get started!
Unpopular Opinions Book Tag ( Original video ) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYfgq8HgDc0
1. A popular book or series that you didn’t like
Passenger by Alexandra Bracken! Tried reading this novel twice and I was really hoping to enjoy it but I ended up DNF’ing it 😦
2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love
The Throne Of Glass series? I wouldn’t say everyone hates it but there has been quite a number of mixed feelings about this series. I do really enjoy the series though, I find it very entertaining and there are some characters that I just really really love 🙂
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did not want them to end up with OR an OTP that you don’t like.
I don’t really have an answer for this because I don’t tend to pick up books with love triangles!
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for
Science Fiction / Historical Fiction. I’ve tried getting into both of these genres but I failed 😦
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like
Rowan from the Throne Of Glass series. If you love Rowan, please don’t hate me!! I was okay with his character in Heir Of Fire but I got bored with him after that.
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into
Rainbow Rowell! I’ve only read Eleanor and Park and Fangirl so far but they haven’t compelled me to want to pick up Rainbow’s other books. Eleanor and Park was an enjoyable story but it wasn’t fantastic whereas I DNF Fangirl twiced. I know so many people love Rainbow’s books but I just can’t get into them!
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing
INSTA LOVE. Especially when only after 5 minutes of meeting the guy / girl, the guy / girl already thinks about kissing or having sex with the other. Like, YOU BARELY KNOW THE PERSON. GET A GRIP. This trope is super popular in New Adult novels and I’m just over it. It’s unrealistic and stupid.
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
The Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead! I own the first two books in the series and I did read Bloodlines and really enjoyed it but after awhile, the particular genre just didn’t appeal to me anymore.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
The Maze Runner, probably! Though the movie adaption was fairly accurate to the book, the movie grabbed my attention more than the book.
That wraps up the Unpopular Opinions Book Tag and I hope you all enjoyed it! If you want to do this tag, definitely do so because I would love to see all your different answers for the questions 🙂 Thank you for reading and I’ll see you in my next post, bye!