Hello everyone! I recently hit 50 posts on this blog which is crazy because I can’t believe how far this blog has come 😀 So I thought that I would share with you guys 25 Bookish Facts About Me for today’s post, so that you can get to know more about me in terms of books / reading. So without further ado, here are 25 bookish facts about me.
1. My favourite genre of books is YA Fantasy / High Fantasy. I promise I do read other genres but fantasy will always be my favourite
2. I prefer paperbacks to hardcovers, especially big floppy ones
3. If my book has a tiny scratch / dent, I’ll make the biggest fuss over it and I’ll keep staring at it
4. I like to annotate my books! My copy of ACOMAF has loads of underlining, writing and heart shapes 😉
5. Books with insta-love immediately turn me off
6. I can never eat / drink and read a book at the same time as my focus will go to eating / drinking and I’ll end up not touching that book
7. Books with faces on the cover freak me out 😦
8. I’m not the biggest fan of books that are old and when their pages are yellow. I know some people like old books but I prefer my books to be in new condition
9. My book boyfriends are Rhysand and Percy Jackson ❤ I just can’t even put into words how much I love them both as characters!!
10. I usually read multiple books at once
11. I’ve been really wanting to read more graphic novels lately and I’ve already found some that I’m hoping to buy soon. If you guys have any graphic novel recommendations, do let me know in the comments!
12. I started reading Young Adult novels when I was 14 years old
13. Instead of reading Harry Potter as a child, I grew up reading The Babysitter’s Club and Geronimo Stilton books
14. One of my bookish pet peeve, apart from insta-love, is when the height of the books in a series don’t match. It bugs the heck out of me
15. I prefer physical books to eBooks
16. My mother was the person who taught me to read ❤ When I was a kid, she would always read to me and buy me new books
17. I recently starting reading some of Colleen Hoover’s novels and I AM OBSESSED
18. Some of my auto-buy authors consist of Rick Riordan, V.E Schwab, Colleen Hoover, Marissa Meyer, J.K Rowling and Sarah J. Maas
19. Book photography is my new found passion 🙂 Shameless self promo but I have a bookstagram, @ rachaelrexds , if you didn’t already know!
20. I am someone who judges a book by it’s cover
21. Having a large TBR pile does not intimidate me / make me feel ashamed that I have so many unread books. I love having unread books on my shelf because it makes me excited that there are so many worlds that I haven’t discovered
22. I rarely ever cry when reading sad novels ( I promise I’m not heartless )
23. Am I the only one who enjoyed the Percy Jackson movies and wish they continued on with it?!?! 😀
24. The library used to be my best friend when I was younger and I would come out with 2 bags full of books
25. The genre I don’t usually pick up is Young Adult contemporary
Those are 25 bookish facts about me and I hope that you enjoyed it! I also hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little better 😀 Before I end this post, I would just like to apologise if my posting schedule has been really irregular lately as my exams are next week so I haven’t had much time to write up blogposts. But I’ll definitely be back with more exciting posts once my exams are over. See you all in my next post, bye! 🙂